Friday, April 25, 2008

i'm talking to you


pillowcasetop.jpg, originally uploaded by tinkerellen.

so i may have gotten a little sidetracked while packing up my studio. i like to say my studio because when i say my crafty room i think of embroidered kittens, tacky quilts or hot glue guns. ok, so i have a hot glue gun but that's beside the point. oh yes, back to being sidetracked.

so here's a pillowcase top i whipped up in about 15 minutes. because i won't have my sewing machine for a whole month, that's why. i didn't follow a pattern or instructions or anything. shocker i know, i just hate directions, i'm more of a free spirit. so i cut two arm holes and figured the rest out on my own. and i'm no genius, so i'm guessing no one would have an issue doing this. anywho, i have to make more of these...

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Very cute! And tres chic! I would never have know it was hand-crafted (hand-studio'ed??) except for the part about you admitting it!
Makes me think of someone, somewhere, last summer making pillowcase dresses for her daughters -- very similar (though not as adorable) as yours.
Anyways...well done! You'll the the talk of Brooklyn-town!

Jennifer and Maddy said...

yes please! it would be perfect to cover my flabby post partem belly!

Anonymous said...

you do realize that only a fraction of the earth's population can fit into a pillow case?

Anonymous said...

P.S. isn't it amazing how God waits until the last minute to work out all of the "important" details of our lives. He just wants to remind us that he's the one in control. I'm so happy things are working out for you. Even if you will now be living in a postage stamp. Watching God do his thing is so cool,although his timing can leave you a little breathless.

Bella Scoperta said...

That shirt is awesome! Love the colors. You sooo should add some of those to your shop. I am a previous customer (oatmealsoap) who went to check out your shop and saw your post on your blog. I look forward to your return in June! God Bless

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...