Monday, October 01, 2007

weekend synopsis: grade A

gas fireplace estimates: ouch
warm homemade apple pie: yum
'lucky you': boring
weather: fantastic
crafting: super
shop sales: awesome

finally, the husband is home. it was a fun and productive two weeks but it was also very seriously lonely. sure i got to watch the movies i wanted, never had to cook, sole possession of the remote control, had the entire bed to myself, but life without him is boring. b-o-r-i-n-g. i am not looking forward to next year.

yesterday we went all ghetto and hung out on our front yard. if there's anything i've learned from living here for five years it's this: one must soak up the sun when one has sun because there will be months to come with no sun. thus is upstate ny. so we spread out the blanket, read a good book, drank green tea and ate caramel apples. {and i secretly prayed for a very delayed winter}

9 comments:

Kelly said...

lucky you is very boring. i watched that on the plane to brazil.

Anonymous said...

gas fireplaces pretty much suck anyway...

Anonymous said...

well, we're pretty much getting one, cause what sucks even more is freezing your butt off while watching tv.

Dantastic said...

Amen to praying for a delayed winter!

Dantastic said...

Oh and amen to the warm homemade apple pie (with ice cream of course). I was given a huge bag of apples from somebody's orchard, so I made a pie and had friends over. I still have lots of apples so I am making another pie this afternoon and having more friends over tonight. I can't eat all that pie by myself, or at least I shouldn't or I'll look like I'm having twins.

Sizzledowski said...

is there a lot of poker in Lucky You? Cuz that wouldn't be boring to me.

Unknown said...

true, gas fireplaces are not real fireplaces.

hahaha! poker.

just remember when it's freezing up there, that it's always waaay warmer down here. and i shouldn't have any grandparents dying soon.

i know that may sound horrible, but compared to tink's planned trip last year...

Anonymous said...

there is a lot of poker, but it's still not enough to justify sitting through eric bana's bad acting.

BumbersBumblings said...

uggh my hubby was away for two weeks as well. but he decided to go off and leave me again after just being home for a weekend :(. Glad you survived the two weeks without him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...