Tuesday, January 24, 2006

i blame cute kids

This weekend we spent time with my sister’s kids. It was surreal. I mean, they look like me, how strange is that? It felt like a glimpse into what our life with kids would be. And life with kids isn’t as BAD as I thought it would be. We took them grocery shopping, made sure they were buckled into the booster seat, bought them strawberry milk and held their hands crossing the parking lot. Granted, we were only with them for a day, but my husband is in love with them.

Now he wants kids. I mean, now. He said he was going to switch my birth control with sugar pills. I already hid them lastnight. I can’t blame the guy for wanted to settle down, move home and start a family (he is pushing 30), but I’ve still got time to have a 6-pack stomach and spend money on myself without feeling guilty.

Obviously moving to California would put a hold on things even if we were ready to start making babies. For now, we’ll just have to stick to practicing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only thing I know for sure is that having a child before both folks are ready isn't a good idea. Our baby is 3 years in the making and we're still a little freaked out by actually having a baby. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I wasn't totally commited to the idea.

Glad you had a blast with your nieces though!! :)

Anonymous said...

Who are you and what have you done with Cheri?

embee said...

you would make a great mom, although i'm sure your kids would be a little twisted. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie,
Mama said that you and Justin looked ready to start a family. I told her she was just imagining it. Wow, just wasn't too far off ! I know you think you make the decision in matters like this, but, NEWS FLASH !!!, God makes these decisions and when he says it is time....IT IS TIME....birth control or not... so, don't be surprised if it happens even on BC. It did with you.....
love
mom

Kelly said...

darn those cute kids! i get like that, too, when i'm around my friend's kids.

if your husband keeps it up with the whole baby thing, you should have him go babysit sometime, by himself, and see how he feels when he gets back.

Anonymous said...

hi everyone im the mom of the cute adorable kids.i think kelly is right let him come to my house on a sunday night when the two older ones are taking showers to get ready for school in the morning.then the baby needs a bath becuz shes covered in supper then they are all finally in bed and you have no hot water left to do the mound of dishes from the supper you slaved to cook.then you give up but before retiring to bed you want to go take a nice relaxing hot shower.get all your stuff to the bathroom and a light goes off in your head you have no hot water!ok so youll take one in the morning right yeh after you get the 2 olders ones off to school which takes an hour then all of a sudden the babys awake so that nice hot shower is not happening till nap time but then the bus is back.where does the day go?well to my sister and brother in law,thats what makes life all worth it doing for your children all the time and hopefully raising honest beautiful people.Just think if your parents wanted to wait till they moved to the right place.i think moms right bc or not it will happen when god says it will happen and not till then.p.s.i wouldnt change a thing about my life my kids(my full time job)is the best paid job in the world and the retirement plan is the best out there.kids then grand kids someday.ti will all be worth it.just seeing our parents with my kids is the greatest feeling.i love you sis and i will be the proudest person to be an aunt when you justin and god are ready.love you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...